Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tide Turning


IS THE TIDE TURNING?

 

Congratulations to the bid committee who met today to choose one of two bids to install Wi-Fi. I was certain they would go along with David Israel and pick the company he wanted - DSL Co. Much to my surprise the bid committee, chaired by Dom Guarnagia (who offered no opinions)   gave a memorable performance asking astute questions while resisting the impulse to have David Israel jam his choice down their throats.  I give credit to Marcia Ziccardy, who stated she wanted Wi-Fi but wanted to table the decision until we had more information. I also would like to thank Toni Salometo, who requested holding off on Wi-Fi until we had the money to fund the project. Thank you, Herb Finklestein, who spoke on getting a performance bond and someone to oversee the project. And thank you Jack Adams for your intelligent input to the project and making the final suggestion to postpone the bid. I love you guys!  Could this be the beginning of the age of enlightenment or am I fantasying? In any event, I must say, I am enjoying the win.  

 

David Israel was really pissed at the decision. He thought he would be able to bamboozle the officers of UCO as he has done in the past. Sorry Dave, it didn’t work this time. People are beginning to get smart. I believe they learned a lesson when you pushed the Roadway project down their throats by threatening them with higher costs if they waited. You used the same approach today, but it didn’t work this time.
 

And worse yet, El Primo couldn't wait to whine about it on his malfeasance blog , we quote Dave:  
"The meeting proceeded very well as line item after line item was debated; until we arrived at the line item for Wi-Fi.-
At this point an orchestrated attack on the Wi-Fi initiative was launched by four persons. The same four persons who regularly disrupt our Delegate Assembly meeting every month, and who have done so for almost three years." 

Not true. Didn't happen and he knows it!


 

Happy days are here again!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention, David is going to bring the vote to the delegates in spite of the bid committee postponement.
    OK Delegates, get ready to say, NO WAY JOSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This delegate will poll my building as I always do, but I know they will tell me to vote NO, and I will obey very willingly.

    ReplyDelete