Tuesday, September 24, 2013

IMAGINARY OVERHEARD CONVERSATION IN THE VILLAGE

Good morning, everyone. Another day in our wonderful home and another day to blog and work on throwing Dave out. Our brooms are working hard to sweep out all the trash that has accumulated over the past few years and that has blocked the quality aspects and people from shining through. Work with us, tell your delegate to vote for us and we promise a better CV as we straighten our finances, order our priorities and hear our residents. In the meanwhile, enjoy this "conversation".


Overheard conversation going on between a current resident and a prospective buyer.

"Good morning. Do you need any help. I see you are looking around."

"Thank you. I am interested in buying here but I need to have some answers first."

"Well maybe I can help you. At least I will try. What are your concerns?"

"So here are my concerns. I took a walk around the Village and noticed that there has been much effort put into its landscaping. The trees, the hedges, the flowers, the grass - it is all greqt. I assume this is an ongoing project. Correct?"

"Yes, thank you for noticing. We have a hard working Beautification Committee and these are the results. They are only some of the many people who work hard to keep this place up."

"I have seen the results of those efforts except in one or two places. One place is right here, in the appearance of your streets and walkways and the other is in that building that is called the UCO building."

"Again, what are your concerns?"

"Why, if the landscaping is so rich and well done, are the streets,walkways and roadways looking so neglected. They are a major part of the infrastructure of the Village, are they not? Why have they not been done is what, looks like about 10 years."

"Actually, they were done about two years ago."

"Are you serious? How could that be? They are uneven, still pebbly in places, I see that enormous pools of water gather in the roadways after a rain and I can barely see the lane markings. That is how faded they are. Who was in charge of this?"

"Aha! You have just hit the nail on the head. The do look terrible and they do look worn and old. You are correct. There was extremely poor planning and poor supervision of this project. We are still trying to get answers and trace the facts, financial and otherwise, about all this".

"Well, why can't you get your answers in that UCO building. I went in and tried to speak to some officers, including the president and basically I was given evasive answers and shown lots of closed doors, telling me that all the people were oh, so busy. What are they so busy doing that they cannot find the time to talk with me? Is that how your government works here? I cannot buy in a place like that. I will have to look elsewhere."

"What if I told you that we are working hard to fix these issues, to reorder priorities and open the government up to our residents? We wish to recognize the hard work done by those in the government who truly care and get rid of the rest, especially the president and his minions. In fact, our candidate has even posted an email address to contact her so she can answer concerns or questions people might have. Now let me ask you a question. If we could get you open doors at the UCO building and better maintenance and supervision over our infrastructure, would you buy here? Would you care if at present we have no general wifi or VOIP for the Village?"

"Of course a new government would make a huge difference as a responsive and pro active administration is the way to go. I think I will email your candidate and as for wifi and VOIP -  wifi is a serious issue with many negative aspects which must be addressed and if people want VOIP they can get it for themselves. Should the Village get this and wifi, IT people or techies would have to be hired, security issues would need to be addressed before even beginning on the infrastructure necessary and there are just so many issues. No, that would not bother me. All things come to those who wait, especially if there is careful thought prior to funding of projects. Now what was that email address "

anewbeginningatcv@gmail.com    I know Esther looks forward to hearing from you and anyone else who wants to join our efforts. I hope I can say welcome to the Village....

You certainly can, and in the meantime tell me how I can help.


JOIN US! THROW DAVE OUT! SPEAK UP AND GET THE ADMINISTRATION WE NEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment