Tuesday, November 26, 2013

IS A PUZZLEMENT

    Do we really need a Legacy meister? 

The King and I is one of my favorite musicals and I love that line - "is a puzzlement". It is so appropriate to this campaign that it might have been coined with this situation in mind. Let's see why.

     There is all this talk about "leaving a legacy". Why? What does that really mean? Is Dave Israel our father that we should be looking to him for a legacy? No, thank you. I have a wonderful legacy from my own father as do many of you and I am sure we do not need another. Is he our ruler, our king of the kingdom that he needs to leave us a legacy? Weeelll,,,,here we come, I believe, to the crux of the problem. Dave thinks he is and there you have it. So he is not and must learn that and also understand that a legacy is to administer well, to fulfill his responsibilities towards his constituents - us - and not himself and his cronies and political hangers-on.

     So let's look at what he thinks is a legacy. His paving job, his wifi mess, his shredding of documents, his threat and intimidation method of ruling, his misappropriation of our blog,   his summary firing without due process of an employee, his rude and disrespectful behavior, his mess of a contract process, his godawful financial system, his lack of outreach towards the community, not taking advantage of the enormous pool of talent we have out there, etc, etc, and so forth. - Sorry, could not pass that one up.

     So let us look two years in the future after my first term as president of UCO. What will be my "legacy"? Aye, me mateys, and there's the rub. I do not want to leave a legacy. I do not want to be known as a one item accomplisher of something. What I wish to leave is a good and solid administration based on amity and trust and well situated financially with good reserves, an excellent on going maintenance program, a safe Village, a Village well on the way to working out its wishes and desires for a new contract to keep us going on MUCH BETTER terms than the Millenium Agreement, a closer and more equal relationship with WPRF with more say so in its decisions for WPRF facilities. I see a tighter, more streamlined administration with clearer lines of communication, of process, of prioritization and research, of tight contracts to our advantage and no pie in the sky plans. All plans are to be based on and in reality.

That, my friends is what I would like to leave, to have people say, what a good shape we are in now, how quiet and peaceful and secure we are now as compared to a few years ago.
    
 Will all this be accomplished? Hopefully most of it but I must admit I am concerned with getting back to a solid base financially what with all that money being moved out for payment of the paving job, but with good planning and good people, I believe we can make good strides towards it.

How - with your votes and your help, with cooperation and discussion, with lawyers well versed and up to date on condo law and needs and the language needed to make our legal needs ironclad.
     WE CAN DO IT!  JUST VOTE ESTHER IN AND WE CAN MAKE A GREAT START.
START BY VOTING TERM LIMITS BACK IN AND KING DAVID OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment