Wednesday, November 27, 2013

SAD NEWS AND THE LESSONS LEARNED

     This morning when I opened the computer and checked the various websites I saw that a favorite singer of mine had died. He was 74 and died of a ruptured aneurysm His name was Arik Einstein and he was a seminal singer of our generation and became an international favorite.
     One of his most popular and beloved songs was Ani Ve'ata - You and Me. The words spoke of how the two of them, me and you, would go on to change the world and others would follow. It spoke of the difficulty of such a journey, the wounds that might be received in such an attempt, but no matter, because others would begin to follow them and the goal would be reached. This song spoke to the hearts of Israeli youth and indeed all youth who are idealistic and always going to improve on the world their parents and grandparents had left them.
     Well, we are no longer the idealistic youth of the 60's and 70's but the words of his songs should still sing to our hearts and minds. Inside we are the same as we were in the hopes and dreams of a better world. Together - Ani Ve'ata - we can make a difference here in the Village. Together we can work to build and rebuild the dream of life here in the Village. Let us turn back to the future, back to our idealism and put aside the cynical views of administrations and administrators and remember that indeed, there still are people who follow these words, who still subscribe to the words  of JFK when he said, "I see a wrong and want to make it right...... I ask why not?" He did not let the drab and discouraging face of realities discourage him. He asked why not, why cannot we make the world right, why cannot we make the effort.
     So the hero of my middle school years and a favorite singer who spoke to the heart are still talking to me and I hope to you. Together we can right the wrongs here in the Village. Together, me and you, we can change the world and bring along the others, and truly it is happening even as we speak as more and more people are joining the team and asking "why not? Why can't we turn out the  wrong that is here and bring in the good, the right? Why cannot we make a better world?"
     People, fellow residents, we certainly can. Let us turn to the hope and faith of our youth, leave behind the cynicism and weariness that we have all developed, and let us work together to make a better world here. I know where my responsibilities lie; I said so in my Mission Statement which can be found on this blog.

 For the sake of all of us - term limits in, Dave out, his henchmen out - you and me - Esther and all of you - in office together.

8 comments:

  1. Although I never heard of the singer Aril Einstein or the song Ani Ve'ata , I could almost hear the tune being played as I was reading your article.
    I was returned to a time in the sixties that was driven with strife and hope. We had chaos then as we have in the village now, but we marched on, - fought for civil rights - an end to the Vietnam war and we succeeded. Thank you Esther for reminding us that we can do it again. We just have to band together the way we did then and fight for justice. I heard your message loud and clear and hope others do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My message came thru loud and clear and your comment was elegant in its phrasing. Let us hope tht most people will understand and as the song says - will follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, Olga, Eduardo, et al: We may be on opposites of the fence politically with regard to some of the Village goings-on, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving Day and an enjoyable holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esthr
    I want buy a condominium Century WPB almost impossible to get info about how it is to live there, is there a french association ?
    ...I would like to speak with manager or member of board
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but as much as I would like to help, I do not answer to Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lanny, It's always nice to know that people can have diverse views and still be civil.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Lanny. I am Happy and Thankful that everyone I know, friend or foe, is alive and well..........everything else is meaningless. EDUARDO

    ReplyDelete