Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Introducing The Lass

Good Evening All,  if you are reading this post this evening or as we would say in the Old Country "Top o the Morn to Ye", if you are rising and shining . You will all get used to my brogue in due time but for the moment I  just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I am The Lass and I am of Irish heritage, in fact I am as" Irish as Paddies Pig".  My heritage is neither here nor there so to speak but my posting here on Esther Sutofsky's blog is important.

I have known Esther  and Gerry Sutofsky for over a decade and believe me when I tell you we did not meet under the most ideal conditions. In fact, after our first conversation she had me shaking in my Wellies (boots). As I reflected on our conversation shortly afterwards I realized she was mostly correct about the matter at hand and I knew I needed to go back to her to sort out the concerns she had. As much as my Wellies ( you know what those are now) protested I picked up the phone and called her and made a request she hear me out. Well low and behold she obliged and not only did we sort matters out we became friends.

 Although we came from completely different backgrounds and religions and sometime opposing views we formed a friendship that has lasted over a decade and I am proud and honored ( I know I forgot the U the Irish put into honor but we are on US soil so I'll oblige) to call Esther and Gerry my friends.

At this point you may be thinking I am only here to give Esther a fluffy testimonial endorsement on her run for presidency of the village. Trust me Lads and Lassies if I could have talked her out of it I would have. I expressed my concerns that she was in retirement and enjoying her golden years and should only be concerned about her family, friends, health and enjoying herself but Esther had a different view and  deep sense of obligation to the village.  She could not turn a blind eye to the shenanigans of the representing officers of the village. Uh Oh, Your Going to hear her Roar!! ( Sorry Katie Perry but you have nothing on Esther). And now we are off to the races....

What I am here to tell all you Lads and Lassies is this. Esther Sutofsky is running for President of the village to represent EVERYONE that lives there. Can she make village life perfect for all of you? Most likely not but "Sure and Begora" her representation of all of you will be fair, inclusive and full of integrity.

I am not going to comment to much on David Israel and his style of representation at this point ( as I could be commenting for a fortnitght) but I find it a bit disturbing that he dictates versus represents. Why is his blog limited ? Are you not all entitled to have a say in how your membership, maintenance fees are allocated?? Are you all not entitled to vote on excess funds, are you all not entitled to see the books? Why are there senseless, unconstitutional rules, ( in a democratic country, may I remind you) in a village that you all pay taxes to live in. Jeezus H. You all worked hard all your lives, looked forward  and lived to retirement, found a nice place to live and now have to be stressing silly senseless rules and regulations imposed on you by a D................. you fill in the gaps!

Don't mistake  Esther's supporters for cronies because if you should overstep or expect favors you may wind up shaking in your Wellies!!

The Lass













No comments:

Post a Comment