Friday, September 18, 2015

Post from one angry Villager!!

What happened to Channel 63!!

I was the cofounder of channel 63 with Leonard Thompson and Sadie Lovinger. We were the first to put it on the air, back about 12 year ago then, Adelphia came to the Computer Club and ask us if we would take it over, so they can save money. They supply the equipment and we would type pages of information about UCO Meetings and Clubs Meetings and put it on the air. Then came the hurricane and destroyed the Clubhouse as we were repairing the Clubhouse, we made a channel 63 room where we could work. Adelphia bought new equipment paid for half and UCO pay the other half. I was a New Vice President of UCO at that time so I continue to run channel 63. We bought new computers and the latest software to operate it. We put music and videos on the air. 

I ran channel 63 for about three years until I resigned from UCO, I don't remember who took it over then, but when the new regimes came in Ed Black took it over. He did a lousy job, he ran it for about 7 years had all kinds of trouble with the equipment; it went down and got hit by lightning. He replaced it and as time went on, the equipment got old. When I was running it, I bought a new video camera. When I left Ed took over and they bought another video camera and then just last year, later they bought another video camera then they updated and bought another camera for channel 63. Last two years the Gregg's were putting on all kinds of great show and videos and running channel 63 in the super way they work hard and spend a lot of time putting on channel 63.

Then David Israel put his two cents in, and he didn't want certain programs to be put on channel 63 then the Gregg's protested and finally The Gregg's resigned. 

David Israel appointed Joy Vestal to head up channel 63 as a power-hungry person. She's is now a Vice President of UCO and Editor in Chief of the UCO Reporter and also now runs Channel 63 where does she spend all her time?? (I also wonder where the free press is?

When I was VP we didn't have a new building and everything was in one building including the UCO Reporter and I was able to do my job and also in running channel 63. We all have to thank Kristy in the WPRF office; she is the one that is doing it. Now putting on all the pages that you see. It reminds me of when I first started, the same old style no difference.

Where is all the fancy software programs that we bought? I guess we have to ask Joy?? May be she should learn how to work channel 63 instead of doing all the talking that she's the great one. I ask a question at the UCO Reporter in the July monthly meeting about why are we Advertising David Israel blog in the UCO Reporter and we don't Advertising other blogs?? The next Monday I was fired, I was only a volunteer photographer for the past five years and took pictures of all kinds of events and featured stories that you see in the UCO Reporter all over the Village and even when the President Obama was here. So I guess you can’t ask any questions of UCO Officers!!

Past UCO Executive Board 8 Years
UCO Vice President 3 Years
Howie Silver

  

No comments:

Post a Comment