Saturday, March 8, 2014

AFTERTHOUGHTS AND AN OPEN LETTER TO DAVID iSRAEL

Dave's answer to the following letter from Esther :

"  Hi Gary,
I would like to get together with Sylvia, Shorty, Eduardo, Nick Beef and all the anonymous to discuss this Email.
Can you arrange that?

Dave"

My answer to Dave:

"Thanks for the quick and complete reply. Can we includes Mr. Hoffa. Judge Crater and Joshua Slocum?"

So we continue...

I had not thought to write again so soon as this was a long and hard fought campaign at a time that was difficult for me in a physical way. I am not sorry I ran and indeed, met so many wonderful people and am grateful for that as well as for the dedicated campaign committee who worked so hard and so selflessly. However, I am disappointed in one aspect of the campaign which appears not to have stopped and David, please, this is in your hands and your control.

     Why, on a day after a campaign ended, after a record turnout of voters, after a respectable showing by my supporters (which should say something to you, David. There is a loyal opposition out there who love the Village and a good leader needs to listen to all the citizens he is responsible for and to), but be that as it may, why, after so much negativity was thrown around do we have more viciousness from bloggers on your blog.

     I have no idea who this Mike is, but he is certainly vicious and cruel. Was there any need for the statements he has made? NO! And for G-d's sake, he goes after Phyllis Richland, one of the best human beings I have ever had the privilege of meeting and getting to know??? I am a bit old for heroes, but Phyllis is certainly one of mine. She has a big heart and open arms for all those in need and has worked selflessly for others for years. In fact, anything that has humanity stamped on it that came out of and for this Village has her name and heart on it and in it. And then she cruelly suffers two harsh blows and yet bears up under them and yet Mike goes after her like a weasel after prey? He and others posted more vicious comments needlessly, on both of your blogs.

 David, this is wrong, wrong,wrong. It is up to you to set the tone of your blog. It is up to you to change the tone of the Village. If you are indeed a leader, want to be a leader, then lead by example. Do the right thing.

     And while we are talking about the right thing, a bit of friendly advice. You and I shook hands and I wished you luck but I have not deserted my supporters. Would it not be wonderful if we could still bring the sides of the Village together, accepting of criticism based in appropriate language as well as praise? Would it not be wonderful and wise to include in your administration people with differing ideas, not simply yesmen. Discussion and dissension are the landmarks of governments that move forward in a positive manner. You want to leave a legacy for your name in the Village? Then think about that - the man who reformed and reformatted the Village in a positive way - he united the residents once again.

     One of the ways you can show that you understand what I have written is to allow me to post on your blog as well as others if they post appropriately as well, and that also means removing some of those already on who are totally inappropriate, regardless of whether they appear to support you or not. No one needs supporters like that. If there is a critique, let it be phrased in an appropriate manner and additionally, do not blacklist me or other supporters from volunteering to be on committees. One president of an Association asked me if I would volunteer to be active in UCO if I lost and I laughed but maybe I was wrong. Maybe there will be no blacklisting.
    
 Let us move forward in a positive manner. Leave your legacy in a proper and positive way. Curb those who are vicious. Have an apology sent to Phyllis and if that is the only thing you are ready to do, then so be it, that and curb those people. Just look at the comments on your blog and you will see who they are.
                               
 This was written by a person who has the Village at heart and nothing personal to gain. My life will go on with or without UCO, a good life, but how much better we all would be with a united Village. Think about it. That is indeed a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment