Wednesday, December 24, 2014

You tell him, No you tell him

I can only imagine the scene at the UCO office when Ed Grossman CPA. arrived to follow up on his promise of performing a free audit of the books. It had to be something like this.

One of the volunteers enters the office and informs the president that Mr Grossman the CPA is here to see him. What? Replies the President “ It's only Nine O'clock and he's here already ? Hmmph.” “He says you said he could come anytime and see the books” says the volunteer. The President sat for a moment with his hand on his chin thinking of a way out of this , then announced ” I'm not allowing it . I changed my mind”

The volunteer stood, shocked and replied” Do you think you could tell him, I think he would be pretty angry about that”
“No I'm not telling him” said the president” “you tell him “ But I don't want to” cried the volunteer “ look I'm the president , you do what I tell you or you won't be allowed to volunteer anymore, I'll have you relegated to the ranks of the Malcontents, you wouldn't like that now would you ? “

The volunteer stood nervously shuffling her feet.” But what can I tell him? She asked “ I don't know what to say. He's going to want to know why”. “ Why “,said the president . “It's because he's a malcontent, we can't have malcontents in here poking around, and that's reason enough for me” “ Besides I don't like him”. With a quivering lip the volunteer quietly left the room and closed the door.

I can't say this happened this way for sure, I wasn't there, but it had to be something like it.

Neil Moore
Malcontent

1 comment: