Friday, September 25, 2015

Money Money Money


Where is your money going?
Prepare to spend more
Round and round down the bottomless hole
For what? A mural in the indoor pool.

Stew Richland
How long can you go without spending money?  I bet its more time than WPRF.
WPRF is our money pit.  Many years ago, I was given very sage advice by a dear friend who told me “NEVER BUY A BOAT.”  It’s a money pit.  It just keeps sucking you dry.  Good advice.  Well I did not take it.  From the day my buddy and I docked our Titanic, it began to suck us dry.  Docking fees, pulling the craft out of the water, fixing leaks, and on one Thanksgiving day, I was called by the marina owner that my boat was sinking. Shortly after that the boat was sold.  Good advice not taken. 
Well WPRF is like beginning to look like Century Villages Titanic.  .
Our pools are one of our great attractions and should be kept up.  However, when the pools are repaired, the shelf life of the job should be long enough so that we have the opportunity to fill the money pot to do the job again when it has to be updated. I ask you?
Do we need a mural in the indoor pool?.  What purpose does it serve?  Just part of the money pit.  I wonder how many people use Duck Island?   I question that we are going to get our monies worth when that project is finished. Is it necessary to put in more decorative plants around the club house? 
There  are two movies that clearly mirror the WPRF problem we are facing: The Money Pit and Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House.”  These two films clearly illustrate what could happen to any one, if proper planning and due diligence is not maintained. 

I am not taking a position that repair and upkeep should not be planned because of the costs involved.  I just demand a very close accounting of what is to done, the cost of the projects, and is the project really necessary.  

10 comments:

  1. IT'S TIME TO GET INVOLVED PEOPLE, JUST LOOK HOW THESE PROJECTS THAT WE DON'T NEED ARE COMING OUT OF YOUR POCKET. CAN YOU AFFORD THESE PROJECTS, ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESITION, ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY, THEN YOU WERE LAST YEAR, OR THE YEAR BEFORE. IT'S UP TO YOU. JUST THINK ABOUT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinda like rebuilding the dock so some of our disabled residents could fish off of it, but not put a sidewalk to bring it to ADA standard ... thing that make you go Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guilty parties for all this spending are:

      Eva Rachesky, David Israel and all the officers and individuals on the operations committee. They are the ones who have the power to approve or disapprove all WPRF spending. If David would say to Eva, bring us a budget without an increase. I can assure you none of this excessive spending would have come to the committee to be voted on.
      It's simply. We have to get rid of all these people who are frivolously spending our money.
      Oh Yes, before you call the sheriff and have me Bakerized, by the words GET RID OF I mean vote them out of office.
      WE NEED TERM LIMITS.

      Delete
  3. I am happy to spend money on updating our amenities,not just maintaining them to the way they were in 1970. I don't want to live in a run down, outdated community

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updating is fine when you have the money to do it. When you don't you must concentrate on the maintenance only. It is foolish to spend money on updating and let the village fall apart because you can't afford to maintain it. You must remember, UCO cannot assess. And banks will not let them borrow money when they do not have the amount they need to borrow in the bank. Ed Black tried to do this and wasted $7000.00 of our good money. Therefore, the only way they can spend more than they have is to RAISE the fees. If you want these luxuries, I suggest you offer to pay for them out of your own pocket.

      Delete
  4. I am paying and am glad to do it. Even though your remark is sophomoric, I will respond in kind and say that if you can't afford to live here, perhaps you should look elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, Too bad you do not have the courage to put your name to your comment.
      I can more than well afford to live here. The difference between you and me is that I care about the people who are living on meager incomes and are barely able to pay their bills. You don't care. People like you are selfish and inconsiderate.

      Delete
  5. I see nothing courageous about posting your name to every opinion you have. After all it is just that, an opinion. Since I am anonymous and therefore unknown to you, your statement about our difference is ill informed. I want to see people living in decent, well kept homes that they can be proud of. I am not in favor of lowering the standards of everyone in the village for the sake of the unfortunate few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous,
    Courageous people are always willing to stand up and be counted.
    If you believe my statement about our difference is ill informed, I dare you to come out of the closet to have a friendly debate.
    I also want to see people living in decent well kept homes. The problem is the excessive unnecessary spending of the David Israel administration is making it difficult for people living on a budgeted income to maintain your standards.
    Maybe it's time for you to get off your high horse and come down to reality.
    By the way. There are some of David Israel's friends who just happen to live in pig stys. Maybe you could help them clean up their units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I have seen and heard, I doubt if a friendly debate is your forte. As for all the courageous people being willing to stand and be counted, I assume you are not referring to the members of the French resistance or the underground railroad. I believe that what you want people to see as your altruism, is really just your desire for publicity and some misplaced anger at still only being a parvenu in village politics.

      Delete