Friday, November 27, 2015

AMR ambulance service fails us.

So, there was a need for a AMR ambulance last night. This is what happened. The call to 911 went fine, the 911 truck arrived within minutes. They did their thing. The discussion then started about transport to the hospital. First off I was advised that our AMR ambulance was unavailable.

Unavailable?

Then I was advised that 911 truck would take her to the Hospital, but the trip is not covered. So I would have to pay.

So, I ask, if we have insurance and AMR is the ambulance why don't they respond? If their ambulances are really busy, why not call another service and treat it as their own. Why just say unavailable? Why really on the Fire & Rescue guys. I hesitate to take the truck out of service to ride my wife to the hospital..

That is not right!


1 comment:

  1. The same thing happened to me. I ended up being taken to the hospital in the fire rescue truck. Payment ? They said I would have to fill out a form from the firehall. which I did,the ambulance fee was waived.

    ReplyDelete