Friday, November 6, 2015

Mistreated, again.

I waited until good and welfare to express my concerns over the fact that the only venue that any can use to call attention to the election was using posters.  I also commented on the fact that we do not have use of the club house or our pools.

Right after I finished, one of my lodge members began to read from Dreiss's column that appeared in the latest edition of the Reporter about a forum etc.  I then took the mike from him and said that the Nov.11 is vets day (which was discussed earlier)  I called their attention to the fact they fought for  Democracy etc. which also means free open elections. Then our leader stopped me by saying that I was insulting the intelligence of  the delegates.  I stopped talking and then the meeting was over.  Jackie Carlin walked past me saying something about my insulting comments.and then walked away.

There were 147 delegates there and towards the end of the meeting Dave asked how many vote cards were turned in = 30 -  so 25% of the so called voters left before the meeting.  What does that say about their attention span and readiness to sit through a voters forum.

One other thing.  Half the parking lot was closed off due to paving.  No one knew this was going on - good example of lack of consideration for those attending the DA.
I guess the meeting will be on the web soon so that you can see for your self what happened.
Have a good weekend - 

Stew Richland 


No comments:

Post a Comment