Saturday, June 4, 2016


THOUGHTS ABOUT COIN COUNTING MACHINES

At a recent Delegate Assembly meeting   UCO Treasurer Howard O’Brien said TD Bank was eliminating their coin counting machines.  UCO would now have to pay Publix 9% to have their coins counted.  

As president of my association, I was faced with the same problem when Bank Atlantic first eliminated their counting machine. I approached the bank and asked them to   donate the machine to my association.  Since I only represented one association, I was turned down, but I think it might be a good idea if UCO, and WPRF got together and asked TD bank to donate a machine.  Associations and residents would benefit.  If TD bank rents the machines from another company, they could ask them to request the donation on our behalf. In this way, UCO and associations would continue to use TD bank for our laundry deposits. Such a move would benefit both parties.

It doesn’t cost to ask.

5 comments:

  1. There is a coin counting machine that can be bought at Harbor Freight Tools on Okeechobee. I did not like it. I roll and count the quarters every month. Takes no time when watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Maybe UCO could go to the bank and ask the bank to donate a machine to UCO, get a team together and count the monies from the laundry in the office once a month and save the 9%. AS you mention all parties are winners and the TD Bank still has our accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason that the banks got rid of their machines they were always breaking down and were expensive to fix. That is what my bank said. Can't you people count? I spend no more than 15 minutes counting and rolling the quarters while watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is correct Grace, bug we collect about $400 per collection, so 15 minutes per counting and rolling is ridiculous.

      Delete