Tuesday, May 30, 2017

March Meeting

During the March Meeting of the Reporter, I asked for an update on the Financial Situation...in particular Accounts Receivable, whether there was any Past Due Accounts..The response I received was that in fact there was,uncollected funds..no further details were provided.
 Subsequently I e mailed Joy Vestal as Co Editor & VP, initially received no response. I then contacted the late Howard O'Brien, who passed my request along to Myron Silverman.. I followed up with e mail confirming our conversation ( Howard & I) shortly thereafter I heard from Joy, suggesting I make an appointment during business hours to discuss this matter...I responded I am not able to do so, and secondly no discussion is necessary..Provide me with the figures and the length of time these accounts are Past due...I still have not  received a response..
As you all may know, it is mandated in the UCO by laws, we have a Village News Paper, that we as owner's are financially responsible for and therefore have the right to question the financial status..
It has been the practice to have all ads accompanied by payment ( Cheque, Cash and for a short period of time credit card, which is no longer available) therefore eliminating any Past Due Accounts...
The only conclusion I can draw is that those currently in charge are incompetent.....
I strongly suggest my fellow owner's make the same request, whether it be via e mail or at the upcoming Reporter meeting...April 7th at 1 pm in the UCO Board room...
Thank you.

Bettie Lee Bleckman

No comments:

Post a Comment