Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THE STATE OF THE CAMPAIGN

     How does one gauge success in a campaign? Obviously, when one wins, but what about before? Well, we have no money nor any desire to run any polls but there are rough estimates and ways. Who is asking questions? How are you greeted when you meet with people? Do people ask for your buttons? Do people openly wish you luck in your endeavor?
    
     One way that I have found to measure success is in the methods used by the opponents. Are they responding and to what? Are they lucid and rational? Do they address the issues and answer difficult questions? Or do they go from the sublime to the ridiculous by starting personal and irrelevant courses of attacks. Do they revert to the playground behavior of the lower school child or do they measure up and grow up? Well, you draw your own conclusions and this is the last, I hope, that this has to be discussed or mentioned. Buck up, guys. Discuss the issues.

     I must say, though, that one statement of yours has raised my curiosity to high levels. You say that oh, my goodness I had better not win because then you know who will run the administration. Really? Who is that? I am dying to know because, you see, I will be the person who runs the TEAM. I owe no one and have made no promises or deals. We are not a lockstep team here, for we have and, even more important, allow for  differences of opinions. And we discuss them and reach a compromise when we can, or simply disagree and continue on with our goals. Where we do agree, for sure, is that we need a change, but please, since you seem to have all this inside information - just what and who the hell are you talking about?!

A Vote for Esther is a Vote for Good Fair and Intelligent Government

No comments:

Post a Comment