Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Lucky Miracle

Melanoma and its seriousness.

Here is a story that perhaps can be listed as a miracle. Its a true story and it happened to me.

Usually my wife and I visit a dermatologist every 3-4 months. The last trip got delayed out to 6 months. Then we changed dermatologist and found we had an appointment inside of 3 months. So we went. As is usual the Doctor took some suspicious cuttings from my back and head.

The next thing I know is I am being directed to a Surgeon for a consultation.

I go and after he reads the report he suggests I need surgery. Now.

The time frame on this is that without treatment I could/would be dead in 6 months.

So I was treated in the Good Sam the next day and the Cancer was removed. Now I am cancer free.

The lucky miracle is that if things would of gone their usual way, I would not of seen a Dermatologist for at least 6 months. Even the Doctor said I was Very Lucky.

So the point here is don't put off your Dermatologist visits.

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment