Monday, January 2, 2017

Information request by a CV Unit Owner.

The below letter is posted here to inform the residents of our efforts to force David Israel to be transparent in all his dealing for the CV Unit owners

BY HAND
Mr. David Israel, President
United Civic Organization, Inc.
2101 West Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33417

Mr. Israel:
December 27, 2016

I am hereby submitting a request for the following that were discussed at the December 14, 2016 Broad Band Committee meeting which I was in attendance. about the following which I questioned.

1. A copy of the CSI contract which you said is in force for any new carrier
2. A copy of all the competitive bids for the work.
3. A copy of the minutes that contain the approval vote for the above contract.
4. A copy of the Florida Statute that you quoted saying that the old CSI contract was still in
force.

. The reasonable particularity for these requests are listed below:
• I want to discuss the results of these requests with accuracy to various other delegates as
well as the other unit owners within the village.

• I want to be able to determine if the execution of these contracts without the knowledge and approval of the delegate assembly are correct per the current by-laws.

• I want to review these documents with my attorney if the statutes and positions you are taking are within Florida law.

I am quoting Rod Tennyson's legal opinion as the propriety of my request and the way I sign this request.

I trust that it is unnecessary to direct your attention to Fla, Stat. 617.1602 (2) (b) & (d), which, provides in the relevant part that a member of a corporation is entitled to inspect and copy accounting "and any other books and records," nor to Fla. Stat. 617. 2103 (3)(b) which provides for the recovery of costs and attorney fee in the event an action is required to enforce our right as UCO members. Raffinan v. Philipine, Cultural Found:821 So.2d 1272.1274 (Fla, Dist.
Ct.App.2d Dist.2002)

Very truly yours,

Myron Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment