Sunday, August 17, 2014

Scams Report

Forwarded to My Village Blogger from Carole

I just received this letter from E-ZPass.  It was in my junk mail folder.  I wish I could have forwarded the actual email I received, but it doesn’t allow me to, so here is a copy of the actual letter:

E-ZPass
Service Center
Dear customer,

You have not paid for driving on a toll road. This invoice is sent repeatedly,
please service your debt in the shortest possible time.

Get Invoice




Terms & Conditions | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Phishing Policy
2014 E-ZPass

This letter was sent from Russia....................what are the chances???  Also, my E-ZPass is set up that as the money in my account is used up, E-ZPass has the right to withdraw $10.00 from my account, so I will never owe them any money.  I keep close check on my bank account, and if they ever tapped my account more often than I could possibly have used up the $10.00 I keep in the account, I would know, and would immediately close the account.  If I am going on a trip that I know will exhaust the money in my account, I just add more before I leave.

ANOTHER WARNING:  People are still being scammed easily by the make believe Microsoft  people, and today I have another computer to pick up for repair, as that computer has been locked down by the make believe Microsoft people.  Now it not only is going to cost that person the money they lost to the fake repair person, but they are going to have to pay me to get their computer back into working order, so they are actually paying twice for something that never should have cost them a single dime.  One of my computer students who was scammed  has now been offered the money back that he paid them, telling them they are sorry they couldn’t fix the problems.  However they can only pay him if he gives them his bank account number.  They claim it’s the only way they can return his money.  These people are very good at what they do.  They figure that if they got him to fall for their scam once, he will probably fall for it again.................and...................he almost did.

Please do not give anyone any information, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers IF YOU DIDN’T INITIATE THE CALL.  Once again, NOBODY.............including Microsoft, even Bill Gates himself, has any way of knowing if your computer is working properly or not, NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU.  PLEASE DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!  If your computer isn’t working properly, call your computer tech, but do NOTHING over the phone in response to a call you didn’t initiate.   These folks remotely access your computer, and then change your password, and they hold you for ransom. 


Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment