Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Howie Silver


     HOWIE SILVERS COLUMN


I am sorry to say that I will not be running for any UCO Office.
My doctor advised me not to run, because the stress endangered my health. I have been with UCO for the past 12 years and I've gone to
many meetings and seeing what's going on in the village. For the past four years some of the officers have neglected their responsibilities to the village. I am not naming names, but if you see what's going on you can tell who they are by firing volunteers, good people, by stacking committees with their own friends so they vote their way.

One reason we need a new President. Yesterday it rained
very hard just look at the roads nothing but puddles all over the village why we spent $6 million to fix the roads and nobody oversaw the project or inspected the work that contractor did. IT was a ONE  page contract. Who is looking out for our money? I guess it wasn't the President.

The President likes to fire people. Let’s take a look at the
January UCO Reporter. The back page. As a photographer I am ashamed of it. At the UCO office they fired Ken Graff’'s wife and gave no reason, so Ken Graff resigned from the paper.

I would like to tell you what Ken Graff did for the UCO paper and for the village. He brought in the a new E-MAIL system
for the village such as the Gmail account for all the offices, David Israel did not. He said he did. Ken came to the paper
and modernized it.

David Israel did not, nor did Joy Vestal. Take a look at back issues of the paper and see who was on the staff of the Reporter.

About six months ago there were maybe 10 to 15 reporters on staff, take a look at the last issue I guess Joy can't keep a good reporter on the paper maybe it's her personality!

Let's go back and examine why I was fired twice from UCO. The first time I was on the Wi-Fi committee and David Israel fired me for signing a Recalling the President document maybe I knew too much about computers that's why! Second time I was fired, I was a photographer for the UCO Reporter for about five years and I asked a ask question at a Reporter Meeting. Why was David Israel's blog advertised on the UCO Reporter Paper and no other blogs were ever advertised? I was fired the next day by Joy Vestal.

Did you see the February UCO Reporter issues the pictures are great? One of a “SNAKE” WOW!, One of a “BABY ALLIGATOR “ WOW!, One of the tree hitting a car WOW! Those pictures are getting better every month I think?. I know, Joy you do miss Ken and maybe you can hire a photographer to get some good pictures around the village in the paper. Phyllis Richland would never let this happen she would never fire great people who volunteered to work for the village only you and David Israel would.

If you read this I have been living in the village for 21 years. I've been with UCO over 12 years I see what's going on and if you're one who wants Century Village to get back on the right track you should vote for Phyllis Richland for President and don't vote for any of the incumbents running for office. And when Phyllis Richland becomes the new President take my advice, put Ken Graff in charge
of the UCO Reporter.

Make the Village great again.



Howie Silver


1 comment: