Tuesday, March 14, 2017


GUESS WHO IS NOT COMING TO DINNER.

The dinner I am about to discuss is the feast I was enjoying as a member of the advisory committee.  One day, I attended as a guest and without warning, I was asked, by the chair to join.  I graciously accepted, sat at the table and began to listen, learn and contribute. At the end of the meeting, I was impressed by the decorum of the members and of the chair who commandeered with dignity and intelligence. Under the tutelage of this wonderful, bipartisan Lady, the committee ran as smooth as silk assembled by members of both friends and foes of David Israel. However, yesterday, I attended a luncheon and heard a rumor that this gracious lady was removed from the committee by David Israel.  I was shocked.  The obvious thought occurred to me was that she was the victim of David’s wrath for putting his prime antagonist on her committee.  Two so-called malcontents were on the committee for a while, yet, the thought of having his number-one malcontent Olga Wolkenstein on such an important committee as the advisory must have taken him over the edge, and he exploded into a rage – this was the only logic I could apply to the rumor.

For the past two years, the committee has been working diligently to change our bylaws. Suddenly and without warning, David Israel decides to fire the chair who is a bright unbiased woman who understands the value of ideas being contributed by a bipartisan committee.  This, I felt was the way all UCO committees should be run.  The chair being fired without justification will be a great loss to the residents.   The bylaws were on their way to being revised with clarity and fairness.  It is with great sadness that I have come to conclude that as a result of David Israel removing the chair, as rumored, the new bylaws will protect David Israel and fail to protect the residents.

The next advisory meeting is on April 11, 2017, at 9:00 am at the UCO office.

Please feel free to attend. 


AN OPEN LETTER TO DAVID ISRAEL:

Is it true or not…?
Has the Advisory Chair been officially removed?  I emailed her, but she has not replied so I am asking you.
The last few members have been women who have written things that you have not appreciated. Your own cabinet members have said you consider us “Malcontents” who embarrass and libel you. Yet, I ask, isn’t that what you’ve done now to a highly respected and well-liked chair?
Pray tell David, if the rumor is true, why did you let the successful chair of a committee go, and why just her?


Olga Wolkenstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment